Under the current president, there has been a resurgence of armed groups, who specifically target Christians because they know the Christian faith is not compatible with their values. Two pastors were killed in 2012 and about 300 indigenous persecuted Christians displaced from their homes. Pagan indigenous populations receive material support from rebel military organizations to persecute local Christians. These territories have become a safe haven for the rebel’s drug trafficking activities. Drug cartels and illegal armed groups continue to operate with impunity.
- Thank God that Christians in Colombia are willing to stand up and be a witness in social and political activities
- For indigenous converts, who are often denied access to basic social services, equal participation in decision-making, and risk being tortured or displaced
- For Open Doors’ Children’s Center, which provides a safe place for Christian children targeted by the rebel armed groups of Colombia.
News and Stories from Colombia:
- Colombian Christian leader accused of FARC affiliation
- Please Pray- Prominent Christian Leader Falsely Accused Of Guerrilla Affiliation
- Murdered evangelist’s widow also killed after threats
- Indigenous Christian Musician Husband-Killed in-Northern-Colombia
- FARC Guerrillas Hire Hit Men to Hunt Down Christian Widow
- Colombian Town Under Siege