Christians are caught between Islamic militant organizations, an Islamizing culture and a weak government with a military complicit in fuelling Islamic militants. The Rimsha Masih case prompted a debate on blasphemy laws, but others still face charges and extremist groups continue to incite hatred for Christians. Many persecuted Christians are uneducated manual workers who suffer unfair treatment from employers. Muslim men continue to sexually assault underage Christian girls. Opening a new church building is virtually impossible and emigration of Christians continues.
- Praise God that the laws of Pakistan give Christians considerable freedom to run established churches
- Give thanks that the Christian population is growing and a steady but significant trickle of Muslims are joining churches
- For imprisoned Christian Asia Bibi, sentenced to death on blasphemy charges.
News and Stories from Pakistan:
- Pakistan’s Christian leaders demand security after bombings
- Christians flee Pakistani village after pastor accused of blasphemy
- Christian Minority Targeted After Muslim Girl Elopes With Christian man in Pakistan
- 40 Pakistani Christian famlies face hunger after Gojra elopement dispute
- Rimsha family living in Canada
- Pakistani Christians ensure police arrest key murder suspect